Proof of the Pudding is just wild about becoming Zoo Atlanta’s exclusive partner for their newest upscale menu excellence endeavors. Proof’s chefs are trained to maintain the high standards, quality, freshness, great taste and creative presentations that Zoo Atlanta has become accustomed to and has served as leader in Atlanta’s culinary community for more than 35 years.
Zoo Atlanta’s newest event destination merges the majesty of the African savanna and its iconic wildlife with the storied elegance of one of the city’s most treasured historic buildings, now called Savanna Hall. The Zoo is just moments from Downtown, settled in the heart of Grant Park, Atlanta’s oldest parkland and one of the metro area’s most popular and progressive communities.
Built in 1921 and revitalized by Zoo Atlanta for its new life today, Savanna Hall was once the home of the Atlanta Cyclorama for more than 90 years. The building is famous for its grand scale and neoclassical architecture. The Cyclorama has recently been relocated to the Atlanta History Center.
Savanna Hall will be a magnificent gathering place featuring more than 25,000 square feet of event spaces, while retaining many notes of the past, including the famed historic façade and delicately restored, interior terra cotta brick walls. The space will be suited to functions of all shapes, sizes, occasions and moods, including corporate events, galas, weddings, rehearsal dinners, bar and bat mitzvahs, meetings and much more.
In addition to being a state of the art event space, Savanna Hall will feature sweeping views onto Zoo Atlanta’s all-new African savanna from both exterior and interior vantage points. Wildlife-watchers should look for African elephants, giraffes, zebras, warthogs, bird life and more in habitats that evoke the pageantry of the wild and the splendor of some of Earth’s most legendary landscapes.
Savanna Hall Will Feature:
- The Michael & Thalia Carlos Ballroom – a two-level space with floor-to-ceiling windows and access to two outdoor terraces overlooking the African savanna
- A panoramic view of Grant Park from the outdoor Delta Savanna Terrace
- Newly-renovated grand entry plaza
- Main banquet kitchen and separate, dedicated specialty kitchen equipped for kosher catering, kosher style and specialized cultural preferences
- Two versatile third-floor meeting rooms
- A/V system
- Inspired, chef-crafted menus and impeccable attention to dining detail from Proof of the Pudding