Proof of the Pudding, Atlanta’s premier caterer for over 30 years, is hiring for a Catering Event & Sales Manager at the Zoo Atlanta location. To apply visit our website careers tab or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
The Catering Event & Sales Manager is responsible for all catered events at Zoo Atlanta. The job often involves attending industry and networking events, telemarketing, advertising and contacting the competitions client base. Once the Catering Sales Manager discovers a prospective client, they conduct tours of the facility, facilitate the contract agreement and hold all meetings with the client.
Impact and Influence:
This position will interact on a regular basis with the Senior Sales Executive, Vice President of Sales, Zoo Atlanta Operations Team and Culinary team to help create flawless events.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
• Experience with prospecting, selling and negotiating skills
• Answering and qualifying all incoming leads.
• Facilitating all birthday parties, board meetings, field trips and small internal events that require food and beverage service.
• Obtaining New Clients; specifically, but not limited to the Convention (ACVB) and City Wides
• Maintaining existing client relationships through Caterease database – follow-up calls, emails, notes and bi-monthly sales calls/drops to assigned venues
• Create personalized proposals/sample menus based on clients’ needs; create contracts, purchase orders & vendor invoices in a timely fashion; create & distribute floor plans with venue manager for clients and Ops team review
• Over communication to the Ops, Sales & Culinary teams for specific events through a detailed Banquet Event Order & kitchen sheet; must communicate effectively on any pop-ups and last minute event updates
• May be responsible for the set up and break down of events.
• Attend all booked events to greet the client and ensure the event details are executed accordingly until the food is presented; introduction made to the event captain to meet the client to run the event until close
• Ensure the billing procedures are followed and the event is closed out properly in Caterease
• Attend networking events; HSMAI, GAMPI, ACVB, ISES, SHRM, GSAE
Education, Specialized Knowledge, and Experience:
In order to narrow down our search and applicant pool, we are requiring that ALL candidates meet the following necessary qualifications in order to apply:
• Must live within 20 miles of Zoo Atlanta Atlanta, GA 30315
• Must be a team player, well organized, strong computer skills
• Must have Strong Food and Beverage background w/ ability to create custom menus
• Excellent listening skills and excellent customer service to go above and beyond clients’ needs
• Experience with Caterease is a plus
• Must like animals
• Must have a great phone presence.
Compensation/Salary: Competitive base salary + commission
Benefits: 401K, health, dental, life insurance coverage, vacation